FOR RISING SENIORS! Get a head start on your college applications by signing up for our College Application Bootcamp.
- Session 1: Monday to Thursday: August 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 24th ~ 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. ($750)
- Session 2: Saturday/Sunday: September 9th, 10th, 16th, 17th ~ 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. ($750)
Sign up for the 4-day Embrace College Application Bootcamp and leave with a completed Common Application and up to 5 supplement forms, as well as the outline of your Personal Statement! There is no better way to jump-start your applications for senior year!
Maximum Enrollment: 12 students
Class will be held at the Embrace facility located at: 466 Southern Boulevard, Chatham, NJ 07928
(reserve your spot today for Sessions 1 or 2 with a deposit of $200; final payment due by July 25)
Embrace Tutoring is proud of the work we do with our students. Our students have been accepted to the top 100 universities nationwide!
Day 1 – Understanding the Application
Creating your Common App account
Adding schools to your Common Application
Completion of Profile and Family Sections
Day 2 – Working Through the Application
Completion of the Education and Testing Sections
Account matching to Naviance
Setting up your Naviance “Colleges I Am Applying To” List
Activities Section planning
Day 3 – Completing the Form
Completion of the Activities Section
Completion of Supplemental Questions Section for up to 5 Applications
Begin brainstorming Personal Statement and Supplemental Essays
Day 4 – Essays, Essays, Essays
Outline of Essay and Supplemental Questions
Who should take this course?
- Students who want a welcoming small group environment.
- The boot camp is ideal for rising seniors who want to get a jump start on the applications and essays in preparation for college applications.
- For optimum results, we strongly recommend students to come prepared with all the required information and materials on the first day and be diligent about keeping up with homework.
How do I enroll in the Embrace College Application Course?
What is covered in the Embrace College Application Course?
Creating and completing the Common Application
- Setting up the Naviance account with appropriate personal and college info
Completion of supplemental questions
Complete first draft of personal statement and start brainstorming on supplemental questions
What do I need to bring to class?
- Personal Laptop Computer
- Copy of tentative senior year course schedule
- Copy of most recent test scores (ACT or SAT), Subject Tests, APs
- Naviance Log-in
- Embrace Common App Bootcamp Worksheet (to be provided before class begins)
What does Embrace mean by 'experienced teacher or counselor'?
- We mean that ALL of our educators are experienced classroom teachers or counselors who have a record of proven success!
- While most companies may hire part-time ‘tutors’ or individuals who have never worked in a school setting, 100% of Embrace educators have at least 3 years of teaching experience. Embrace is dedicated to screening, recruiting, and selecting only highly qualified and proven teachers to meet our students’ academic and personal needs.
How much work outside of the classroom is expected on a daily basis?
- We encourage our students to commit to the program and give an honest 30 – 45 minutes each day focusing on their college applications.
What is the total cost of the course?
The total cost of the four-day bootcamp is $750. This price includes all materials and handouts.
What is the total time for instruction?
- The total time is 12 hours of instruction.
How large are the class sizes and where are they held?
- The average size for the small group session is 8 students and sessions take place at the Embrace Chatham Facility (466 Southern Blvd. Chatham, NJ 07928).
Do you offer make up sessions? What happens if I have a schedule conflict?
If you know ahead of time, we can pro-rate the fee. We highly encourage all students to come each day, on time, and prepared to work.