Antonia is a very experienced and patient tutor who loves teaching. Her knowledge of classical languages enhances her expertise in instructing students not only in those languages, but also in English, social studies and the skills assessed in the critical reading and writing test sections of the SAT, ACT, ISEE, SSAT, AP English Composition, AP English Literature, and AP Latin Exams.
Having received a BA from Middlebury College and a MA from the University of Virginia in classical languages, Antonia recognizes how important grades and scores are in this competitive era. Her joy is to help students realize their potential. Students under her tutelage have met with extraordinary success in standardized tests, coursework and college, and independent school applications. She has taught in secondary schools and at the university level. Beginners of all ages and abilities are welcome, including college age and adult learners.
Antonia’s method of tutoring is clear and direct. Antonia assesses the student’s needs by listening and posing diagnostic questions to determine their course of study. Antonia is happy to work with any book or method that facilitates learning. Antonia is a veteran teacher at a prestigious high school.
In Person and Online Tutoring
Experienced Teacher and Mentor
- BA, classical languages Middlebury College
- MA in classical languages, the University of Virginia
- Ed.S. Education Leadership, Management, and Policy, Seton Hall University
- ACT English/ Reading/ Writing
- ACT Science
- AP English
- AP Latin
- College Essay Writing
- English; History
- ISEE Reading & Writing
- Online Tutoring
- SAT English/ Reading/ Writing
- SSAT English & Reading
- Subject Test Prep
- Membership in an academic honor society & Kappa Delta Pi, 2014-present
- Teaching assistantship at the University of Virginia 1994-96
- Prize for Senior with highest GPA in classical languages, Middlebury College, 1991