Stuart is an experienced tutor and mentor whose teaching abilities were cultivated while working as an Undergraduate Advisor for college freshman at Dartmouth College. Receiving his B.A. in Women’s and Gender Studies while completing the requisite premedical coursework, Stuart is well-versed in both sciences and the humanities. Additionally, Stuart earned a Master’s degree in Biomedical Sciences from Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine in 2016, further developing his expertise in the biomedical sciences. Teaching since 2012, Stuart has helped students with graduate-level science coursework, the MCAT sciences, and writing skills. After obtaining his Master’s, Stuart scored a 517 (96th percentile) on the MCAT, with a perfect score of 132 on the Biology and Biochemistry section. For the past six months, Stuart has provided individualized and intensive one-on-one MCAT tutoring with a national test preparation company, with one former student reaching 99th percentile scores on AAMC practice tests.
Stuart’s approach to teaching strives to empower students and build or refine a student’s trust in their abilities. As no two students are the same, Stuart thoughtfully considers the specific needs of each individual student to construct personalized lesson and study plans in collaboration with the student. Viewing them as partners, Stuart connects and dialogues with students on their level working diligently in conjunction with students to find the most efficient and efficacious path to reach his students’ goal.
In Person and Online Tutoring
Experienced Teacher and Mentor
- Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine, Master’s in Biomedical Sciences, August 2015 – May 2016
- Dartmouth College, Bachelor of Arts, Women’s and Gender Studies, September 2010 – June 2014
- College Essay Writing
- MCAT Biological Foundations
- MCAT CARS
- MCAT Chem/Phys Foundations
- MCAT Psychological Foundations
- Online Tutoring
- Subject Test Prep
- Scribe of the Month, September 2016, ScribeAmerica, Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center
- Awarded to one scribe every month to a scribe that excels in the position and receives outstanding provider evaluations