Suzanne has been involved in education, writing and theater in some capacity for over 25 years; 15 of those years have been enjoyed in the classroom. She has been a tutor for 12 years and a club advisor for many philanthropic causes for 15 years. It is Suzanne’s goal to always instill in students the importance of language, to offer knowledge and avail students with opportunities for growth. Suzanne’s passion for teaching and openness to learning makes her committed to the individual student. Nothing is “one size fits all.” Spending 15 years in the classroom at one of the top high schools in NJ, Suzanne has found that balance is key: rigor and enjoyment, encouragement and honesty, striving to master something, while allowing oneself to be humbled by imperfection is what works.
In Person and Online Tutoring
Experienced Teacher and Mentor
- BA – English Secondary Education Certified 612 LAR, Creative Writing & Secondary Certification in Supervision & Principalship English – Montclair State University
- MA – Educational Leadership – College of St. Elizabeth’s
- Creative Writing
- Expository Writing
- Reading Comprehension
- Study Skills
- SAT Verbal & Writing (incl. essay,)
- SAT Subject Tests
- AP Literature
- ACT English & Reading and evidence based English curricula
- 2008 – Wrote and Directed Arana, an original play about coming of age in an urban wasteland and finding hope and saving grace in some unlikely places.
- Designed/Revised/Wrote 3 English Department Curricula (2004, 2006, 2009 & 2013) 2 of the 3 are still taught using my design.
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude for both my BA and MA
“Ms. Snyder taught me first as a freshman in English ACC(honors) and then worked as my tutor and mentor for the next 3 and a half years. Ms. Snyder has a very special way of connecting with her students; this is a well known fact at MHS. She always made me feel capable, smart and she validated my concerns. She has taught me by connecting everything back to life, which makes the information seem far more valuable. I feel so lucky to have spent so much time with her and have learned so much from such an incredible person and wonderful tutor.”Emma E.Class of 2016
“Ms. Snyder was never my teacher in school, but she is the same way in her tutoring sessions as she is in the classroom. I know this because my friends who have had her tell me. Ms. Snyder is that teacher who works just as hard as the students. She puts her everything in to make sure she can help you completely. I moved from CPA to ACC and under her guidance I was able to maintain good grades in the honors level English course. This year I think I had the hardest sophomore English teacher and my grade has continued to improve in analysis and writing”Maanya T.Class of 2018